Enroll in a Research Study
Autism Spectrum Disorder Study
COVID-19 Update: Our team at the University of Kansas (KU) BRAIN lab currently is enrolling in our studies of brain and behavioral development in autism spectrum disorder. In working closely with the University to limit the risk of COVID-19 spread, we have put extensive measures in place along with guidelines described by the CDC including:
- Study team members wearing masks and face shields
- Sanitizing all study equipment before and after each participant visit
- Limiting duration of visit
- Distancing and using plexiglass barriers between study team members and participants
- Practicing safe and preventative hygiene by washing hands regularly and thoroughly
- Encouraging participants to wash hands regularly and thoroughly.
- Making hand sanitizer available
The BRAIN Lab team is seeking individuals 5-35 years old for our studies of brain and behavioral development in autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Individuals with ASD and individuals without ASD may participate.
- Volunteers will complete tests of motor skills and thinking abilities at KU in Lawrence or remotely using video conference.
- We also will conduct tests of brain function at the University of Kansas medical Center in Kansas City. Theses tests are non-invasive and not involve any radiation.
- Partcipation will involve 7-11 hours of testing over the span of multiple visits. These visits will last 2-4 hours depending on availability.
- Volunteers are compensated $10 per hour NS $50 for the MRI visit up to $200 for their time.
- If you are interested in participating please fill out this form: Enroll for ASD study now
FXTAS in aging FMR1 premutation carriers
COVID-19 Update: Our institution, center, and lab are taking every precaution to minimize risk to our research participants, their family members, and our staff. We currently are screening and enrolling participants for the FMR1 premutation study, but we are not conducting in-person assessments at this time. If you are interested in participating, please fill out the form below to receive more information about eligibility and our anticipated timeline for resuming in-person assessments.
- We are currently recruiting individuals aged 50-80 with a FMR1 premutation gene with and without FXTAS as well as individuals without a FMR1 premutation.
- Volunteers will complete a blood draw, MRI, and tests of motor skills and thinking abilities. Our MRI tests look at brain structure and brain function and are non-invasive and do not involve any radiation.
- Testing will involve 2-3 visits to our labs at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City and KU-Lawrence. These visits will last 2-4 hours depending on availability.
- Volunteers are compensated $10 per hour for their time.
- If you are interested in participating please fill out this form: Enroll for FXTAS study now